Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Re: Rx COF(Hz)

(Read 4091 times)
DeanFM
★★

Feb 22nd, 2011 at 9:35am  
As far as I know it is some offset in Hz from the supposed receive frequency (Downstream Freq.).
I think you still have a better offset, I have a remote with more than 10 kHz offset receiving small downstream (256 kbps) and still online.

Regards

IP Logged

dot
★★★

Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 1:54pm  
Try telnet into the modem and issue the command 'spoof stats', this will tell you if you have a session count issue causing new sessions to appear to hang.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 11:28am  
RX COF in Hz is the Carrier Offset Frequency...basically, the difference (in Hz) between the incoming frequency and the receiver’s reference frequency.      Have the hub check/confirm that your observed COF isnt exceeding your LNB stability configured in the RemoteRFT in iBuilder.  Stability configuration on remote (in iBuilder) specifies the bandwidth of the rx filter, and it should correspond to your LNBs specified stability. If you observe COF that exceeds the configured iBuilder LNB stability, you could have a couple of problems:

If the COF starts at at a high number such as >250kHz, and eventually fall back to within +/- 150kHz range, then the iDirect likely needs calibration (has a bad calibration file). Or, if the COF starts at some high number, and settles at a high number such as >200kHz, then you may have a bad LNB....the LO is off the specified frequency.

The above is working under the assumption that your acquisition range is +/- 150K.

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2011 at 12:47am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1