Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

HOW DO I PUSH AN OPTION FILE FROM IBUILDER

(Read 5241 times)
lib
★★

Jun 1st, 2011 at 5:35pm  
Hi,
I am relatively new in the operation of ibuilder and imonitor. I have a remote that is locked to the downstream,meaning the RX led on the remote is green.i have been trying to push an option file to the remote but i dont know how to go about it. The guys that are in charge of the NMS said they carried out an upgrade and the said remote was powered off at the time they were carrying out the upgrade. The remote has refused to come online since then. Please how can I troubleshoot this site.

secondly, everytime I tried to add a remote to an inroute group in ibuilder, the add remote icon/sign is not being highligted.is there any other way to generate an option file from the ibuilder like CLONE an existing remote and edit it? Thanks
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2011 at 2:26pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 2:08am  
You are out of your league.  I recommend to your colleagues not to leave you alone (managing the hub) for very long periods of time.  Furthermore, you need to find yourself an iBuilder User Guide and start studying it -immediately.  It will all start to make sense once you read the first 200 pages.  iMonitor Guide is also a recomended read..

First and foremost, what iDS or iDX are you operating?  

2) the upgrade you discuss, what iDS version did you upgrade from?

3) You may want to consider turning on your revision server if you have the available BW on the link and your servers are not too loaded down.  

The reason the remote is gray (if it is complete), is because it has never been in the network.  It will continue to remain gray until it comes into the network...that implies that layer 2 is up (the RF path in the IP satcom world) and working on layer 3 (IP connectivity to the hub).

Again, I highly recommend you educate yourself along your path to becoming an HNO.  It is not tough to learn, you just need to know where to find the info.

M
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2011 at 2:27pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

lib
★★

Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 8:46am  
Thanks for your response.well,i took IOM course,just that i have not gotten enough experience on the managment of the NMS.i have 6years working experience as a field Vsat engineer.

1.IDX 2.1.1

2. The guys that were handling the NMs before has  
   refused to talk to me.
the remote online,it was working perfectly before they carried out the upgarde.i am just asking how i can push the save option file for this remote from the ibuilder.
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2011 at 2:23pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 11:27am  
Are you trying to push software to the remote or just the options file?  Pretty sure that the remote will need the 2.1.1 software before you can lauch it an opt.  Let me know.

M
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2011 at 2:23pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

lib
★★

Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2011 at 3:33pm  
Both.

IP Logged

Saif Musa
★★

Reply #5 - Jun 6th, 2011 at 9:08am  
view the document which I sent you. (router installation) part5. you have to know that when you interact with remote modems for downloading or uploading you have to use iSite with the correct version.
Prepare the required software with the correct version. the required image (cumulative.pkg &remote.pkg) and option file.
connect the modem to the PC.
Im ready to give help downloading these files into your modem by remote accessing your pc using TEAMVIEWER V6.
there is some videos on youtube showing how to download these files also.
I agree with mike as its not recommended to interact with remote modem or hub modems chassis Except in the case of prior knowledge or good experience to avoid errors which may leads stick out the rest sites.

hope that helps

saif.musa@ymail.com&&it.vsat@oil.gov.iq&&system engineer

IP Logged

lib
★★

Reply #6 - Jun 6th, 2011 at 2:25pm  
I thank you guys alot the remote is back online now.
@saif i got ur mail and its useful.

IP Logged

Pages: 1