In the event of service quality degradation or service interruption, carry out the following troubleshooting checklist:
1) Was there a change or failure of equipment?
2) Are the TX, RX and LAN cables connected to the satellite router?
3) Is the RX LED on?
4) Is your satellite router TX LED on?
5) Is the Network LED on?
6) Is the BUC PWR LED on?
7) Is the LNB PWR LED on?
SkyVision provides satellite-based VSAT solutions specially designed to provide you with a quality internet connection, at attractive pricing. For Premium C-Band VSAT Service Go To: https://vsatcband.skyvision.net/vsat-cband-lobby/
Troubleshooting the iNFINITI 3100 and 5100 Receive Chain:
1) Check to see that the LNB and feed horn match the service ordered.
2) In case of interference, it is recommended to use a narrow frequency range LNB.
3) Is the coaxial connection correct and tight?
4) If you do not know, or are uncertain of any of these parameters, consult the receiver
5) Check to see that the coaxial connector is clean and free from any corrosion. If there are signs of corrosion, it is recommended that the LNB be replaced.
6) Check to see that the feed is secured to the LNB using the screws provided with the LNB.
7) Check to see that the "O" ring is installed between the LNB and the feed horn flange to prevent water from entering the input waveguide of the LNB.
8 ) Check for the presence of water or moisture in the input waveguide of the LNB. If there are signs of corrosion it is recommended that the LNB be replaced.
9) Ensure that the condition of the outside cover of the coaxial cable is without breaks or cracks. Also make sure that there are no sharp bends, pinch points or flattened sections of the cable.
10) Check that there is between +13 and +18 volts coming from the receiver to power the LNB.
11) Ensure that the LNB PWR LED is green. If it is off, try to reset the satellite router. If the LED is red, the IFL cable which connects the LNB to the satellite router has short-circuited.
12) If there is a signal from the LNB but no signal at the router, check the signal at the end of the cable before the router with a spectrum analyzer.
13) In the Option File, under the MODEM PARAMETERS section, increase the rx acq_range to be 2 million.
14) Change the LNB to one with a narrow frequency range which is preferable.
For Premium C-Band VSAT Satellite Internet Connectivity Service Go To: https://vsatcband.skyvision.net/vsat-cband-lobby/
Troubleshooting the iNFINITI 3100 and 5100 Transmit Chain:
1) Make sure that the BUC matches the antenna and the satellite router being used.
2) Are the input and output frequency ranges correct?
3) Is the 10 MHz reference signal present?
4) Is the DC power level around +24 volts at the router output and at the cable end on the roof?
5) Ensure that the coaxial connection is tight and that the connector is sealed against water. Connectors that incorporate a separate center pin that is soldered in place are recommended for the best operation of the BUC.
6) Ensure that the directions of the feed waveguide and OMT are oriented correctly. Failure to do so will result in improper operation of the BUC.
7) Ensure that the BUC is secured to the feed using the screws provided with the BUC.
8 ) Ensure that the "O" ring is installed between the BUC and the feed flange to prevent water from entering the input waveguide of the BUC.
9) Ensure that all external BUC assemblies are properly grounded in accordance with grounding instructions supplied by your antenna and receiver manufacturer’s manual. Grounding provides protection to the BUC against lightning and ESD damage.
10) For proper system operation consult your iDirect Satellite Router manual.
11) Ensure that the BUC PWR LED is green. If it is off, try to reset the satellite router. If the LED is red, the IFL cable which connects the BUC to the satellite router has short-circuited. Check the Option File under the ODU section to make sure that the tx iflDC equals 1.
12) Ensure that the condition of the outside cover of the coaxial cable is without breaks or cracks. Also make sure that there are no sharp bends, pinch points or flattened sections in the cable.
13) Change the BUC, make sure the Local Oscillator frequency is the same. If not change the Option File under FREQUENCY TRANSLATION to the new L.O .Frequency.
WARNING: There are no user-serviceable parts inside the BUC. Failed BUCs must be returned to the factory for testing. Opening the BUC or any attempt to repair the BUC will void the BUC warranty.
SkyVision provides Premium C-Band VSAT service in Africa Go To: https://vsatcband.skyvision.net/vsat-cband-lobby/
Teleport Hub: USA and the Middle East
Satellite Beam: NSS-10 Footprint -
W2A Footprint -