Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

mobile tooway - changing spotbeams

(Read 7324 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Aug 10th, 2011 at 12:44pm  
does anyone know or has anyone tried changing spotbeams from the initial activation beam with tooway? got a situation where a european nomadic company wants to work. i.e moving the location once every couple of weeks.

sure it can be done aith astra2connect but its slow by comparson.

anyone got any experience?

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 11:52am  
Make sure you get the RT4000N-010 (or later) version of the 3W Ka band outdoor RF unit. It has an electromagnetic switch to change over the polarization. The switch is intended to operate at least 500 times. This will save you having to undo the polariser and reattaching it 45 deg the other way.

The beams operate on two polarisations. KA-SAT beams type 1 and 2 are RHCP and beams type 3 and 4 are LHCP.
See https://www.satsig.net/tooway/satellite-dish-pointing-ka-sat-tooway-europe.htm
wxw
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2011 at 2:21pm by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

zg3409
★★

Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 9:38am  
Also you will need to keep visiting the hidden:

https://192.168.100.1/install menu as you move location. Use the tooway iphone app or website to find the strongest beam for each location and then tell the unit which "colour" to connect to using the hidden install menu.

This menu dissapears once you have a good signal.

I don't know if you need to contact tooway each time you change beam to re-register or not?

IP Logged

eskemo
★★

Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 11:06am  
I've spoke to several companies and they have informed me that if you change spots you need to reactivate. I think they allocate your MAC to a spot so when you change it doesnt recognise it thus re-activation needed.

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 1:27pm  
Quote:
I've spoke to several companies and they have informed me that if you change spots you need to reactivate. I think they allocate your MAC to a spot so when you change it doesnt recognise it thus re-activation needed.

Mobile Ka-band system using Tooway

Mobile version of Tooway.

... click here. ... click here.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2012 at 5:11pm by europe-satellite.com »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1