Advertisment: Broadband via satellite
Advertisment: Worldwide satellite services from Ground Control Company

www.satsig.net

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Need AOR satellite beacon frequencies, etc.

(Read 3246 times)
w4uvv
★★

Jan 9th, 2012 at 4:38pm  
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased an AVCOM 45D SA.  Previously I used a PSA36 that did not offer the user features of the 45D, i.e., direct frequency readout.  For the past 31 years I have been doing mostly private C/Ku Band TVRO installs/maint; C/Ku Band teleconference downlinking.

At home I have a 12 ft. Prodelin, Norsat 15K C band lnb, Norsat Ku band lnb and Chapparel international feed for monitoring the AOR from S to SE to NSS7.

I am trying to locate beacon frequency information for SES (NSS), and Intelsat.  Years ago this info was available with the the technical specifications for the satellite.  I so far have not been able to obtain this info from Google searches or from the owner's websites.  Intelsat requires a membership apparently restricted to Intelsat customers for access to beacon information.

Can anyone provide me this information or refer me to a website that has it?  I was successful researching and  ascertained NSS7 beacon is on 4199.5 mhz. which I am sure I'm seeing on the 45D SA.

Any help would be appreciated.  Tnx.

John W4UVV
Prince George, VA

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 6:38pm  
Sign up here https://www.intelsat.com/resources/satellitedata-pas/beacon-freq.asp for "My Intelsat".

The satellites typically have several possible beacon frequencies, of which only one or some are switched on at any time. You need the current status.

Which particular satellites are you interested in ?

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1