Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

tooway beeper problem

(Read 8983 times)
ozsuakin
★★

Jan 28th, 2012 at 2:54pm  
Hello, this is Akin from Turkey

i am new to ka-sat, tooway  and in this forum.

I am trying to fix tooway equipment by using beeper. Beeper is beeping continuesly but after each 3 mins it is not beeping continuesly. I am adjusting to beep continuesly but then again it is not beeping continuesly.

i tried all beam colors. but the purple one has the highest signal strength. "kasat finder shows my  beam color is blue."

my question is;

even the beeper does not beep continuesly

this signal strength is enough to active it?
purple:
Current Rx SNR:      13.4dB
Peak Rx SNR:      13.3dB

my coordinates is
LATITUDE: 37.65629
LONGITUDE: 30.53765

ISPARTA - (AĞLASUN) - TURKEY

Thanks for your helps...

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 3:36pm  
This page: https://www.satsig.net/tooway/satellite-dish-pointing-ka-sat-tooway-europe.htm
shows the map below and your location in Turkey, relative to the KA-SAT spot beam patterns. If you enlarge the scale till you see your house the blue line shows the direction of the satellite.
You should be able to get a good signal from either the pink beam (3) or the Blue beam (1).
I understand that as long as you peak up on some signal from KA-SAT the system will then find the best signal of all possibles, by trying each in turn, changing the polarisation as necessary (listen for clicks from the polariser in the TRIA).

The intermittent beeping should become continuous when the beam peak gets near the satellite and the modem demodulator locks to a carrier. Then peak up, listening to the continuous tone, in azimuth and elevation. Repeat the peaking till you are sure you are in the exact centre.

Look at the RX and TX LEDs.
If RX is slow blinking (1 sec) then it it trying to acquire the downstream carrier.
If RX is fast blinking (0.5 sec) then it it doing the ranging and registration process.
If RX is solid ON then it is finished and NORMAL.
If TX flashes it is transmitting burst.

SNR = 13dB in in clear sky at beam edge is satisfactory.

If your terminal appears to keep cycling, looking at difefrent beams etc., then it is possible that your site has not yet been set up at the hub. Call your service provider and tell them you are pointed and get their help. Maybe they need to tell the Skylogic hub that you are ready. Make sure they have the correct MAC address/serial number etc from your modem.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

ozsuakin
★★

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 5:13pm  
Thank you Eric,

can you check the position of dish? 

https://karsat.com/P120128_172138.jpg

other building, which is right side, can block the signal?

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 6:28pm  
I've marked the 41 deg elevation line.  It goes well above the nearby building.

You can get a good idea of the beam direction by putting your eye behind the lower edge of the dish and sighting across the top of the circular aperture of the conical feed horn. This is approximately the direction of the lower edge of the beam for an offset antenna.

If you are peaked up and have SNR=13 dB then call your service provider and tell them, and ask them to activate you site.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

ozsuakin
★★

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 6:42pm  
thank you very much again, eric

i have changed the position of dish antenna, but the same problem is going on...

https://karsat.com/P120130_142503.jpg

can u please check again?

beeper is not beeping stable...
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2012 at 12:47pm by ozsuakin »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1