Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Nordnet ( astra2 connect) Re alignment

(Read 6322 times)
spikey
★★

May 2nd, 2012 at 10:10am  
I have a friend who has a alignment on Astra2 connect Nordnet package.
Is there any east way to re-align and he only had 11 db and no internet at the moment.

I can borrow a SAT meter from a local guy and is for KU band, is this OK for this and if so which Satellite will I be aiming at ???
Or can you do it by another method, I have seen a guy on a you tube video using a small beeper box but he doesn't have none of these.

Cheers
Sp
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2012 at 8:19pm by europe-satellite.com »  

IP Logged

creusetec
★★

Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2012 at 6:46pm  
Nordnet new customers now on Astra 1N @ 28.2 as well as Astra @ 23.5 for  older installs. The beeper is usually supplied with the kit and is possibly better than a cheap sat meter, the polarity setting is very critical  usng Xpol https://xpol.astra2connect.com/~xpol/ also going to 192.168.1.1 and check out the pointing info from the modem page  may tell you something. No internet at times with Nordnet is not that unusual. Guess this should not be in the tooway KA sat section as astra2 connect is KU band.

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2012 at 7:12pm  
Quote:
Nordnet new customers now on Astra 1N @ 28.2 as well as Astra @ 23.5 for  older installs. The beeper is usually supplied with the kit and is possibly better than a cheap sat meter, the polarity setting is very critical  usng Xpol https://xpol.astra2connect.com/~xpol/ also going to 192.168.1.1 and check out the pointing info from the modem page  may tell you something. No internet at times with Nordnet is not that unusual. Guess this should not be in the tooway KA sat section as astra2 connect is KU band.

Maybe it should not be in any section Smiley Astra is an old and out of date system, it is much better to go for a Tooway or Avanti-Hylas ka band system. Beside this, Nordnet has not the best reputation in France Sad

IP Logged

spikey
★★

Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2012 at 8:19pm  
Thanks again for the replies, he is thinking about going down the Tooway route but needs to sort asap due to internet req for work then he's swapping over.

thanks
Sp

IP Logged

bigdishsat
★★

France
Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2012 at 11:02pm  
Quote:
I have a friend who has a alignment on Astra2 connect Nordnet package.
Is there any east way to re-align and he only had 11 db and no internet at the moment.

I can borrow a SAT meter from a local guy and is for KU band, is this OK for this and if so which Satellite will I be aiming at ???

If the Ku band meter is programmable (like the cheap and cheerful Horizon, for example) then programme it for any Horizontal channel on Astra 3B ... that's assuming that it's old NordNet on Astra 3 at 23.5 degrees east.

You need an Es/No reading of at least 13 or 14 dB ... in this part of France, I get around 16dB.

The Horizon meter will also peak the polarisation for you and that's much more accurate than the polarisation tool that Astra2Connect produces.

Early Horizon meters have Astra 3A TPs programmed in and they no longer work ... make sure it's Astra 3B.

If you don't have access to a pro meter, use a free to air satellite receiver and connect it to the Rx cable and programme the fta receiver with a Horizontal channel on Astra 3B ... 11914/hor/27500, for example, and that should produce a Signal Strength and Signal Quality bar. Use that to peak the dish ... that should improve your present reading of 11dB

Then change to Tooway but talk to ToowayDirect first ... if you're in France, talk to Big Dish Satellite!
Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1