Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

SPACE SEGMENT INQUIRY

(Read 2186 times)
Malachy
★★★

Jun 8th, 2012 at 3:54pm  
How much space segment on Ku NSS12 will I require for a DVB-S2 IP Broadcast network.

I would like to begin with 2Mbps then move upwards to 10Mbps.

What will be the pricing interms of monthly charges.  My primary target is 100 users africa wide.

Malachy

YIM  
IP Logged

DAB42
★★

Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 1:37am  
Just a thought. Why not start  a VNO with another provider and then setup your own hub and space segment once you have enough clients to buy a larger space segment.

David@juch-tech.com&&
IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 2:16pm  
I also would also support the idea of a Virtual Network Operator (VNO) approach.  Contact all existing Africa VSAT service providers.  You will minimise your financial risk and benefit from the back-up expertise of a larger competent operator, while having control of your own customer base to whom you can provide local personal 1st line support.  

As far as DVB-S2 is concerned, if you need only 2 Mbit/s capacity, the route to follow is to share part of someone else's big carrier, such as a 27,000 ksps carrier with multiple TV, audio, internet etc.

iDirect, HughesNet HX, Viasat etc all have outlink carriers with characteristics the same as or very similar to DVB-S2. What differentiates the networks is the way the engineers configure them (i.e. Does it technically work properly?) and the number of customers per Mbit/s (i.e. Is it oversold and congested?).
wxw
Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1