Advertisment: Broadband via satellite
Advertisment: Worldwide satellite services from Ground Control Company

www.satsig.net

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Calling TooWay ISPs: Regrade tarif mid term?

(Read 4738 times)
MrMuckyPaws
★★★

UK
Dec 11th, 2012 at 3:10pm  
Hello,

I am currently on Tooway 18 and normally use most of my 26GB download per month, however over Christmas I anticipated that could easily use more so I contacted my ISP to see about upgrading to Tooway 18+ for December and Jan.

I was told that if I did then I would not be able to downgrade afterwards which is very disappointing. Most other cable/fibre ISPs I know allow you to regrade without penalty.

Is this stuborness common across Satellite ISPs? Does anyone else permit their customers to regrade to suit their needs.

I also think ISPs should be trying harder with their pricing now. If I upgraded it would cost £90pcm whereas new customers only paying £60 for the first 12 months, a saving of over £350!
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2012 at 4:57pm by MrMuckyPaws »  
IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 4:04pm  
Quote:
Hello,

I am currently on Tooway 18 and normally use most of my 26GB download per month, however over Christmas I anticipated that could easily use more so I contacted my ISP to see about upgrading to Tooway 18+ for December and Jan.

I was told that if I did then I would not be able to downgrade afterwards which is very disappointing. Most other cable/fibre ISPs I know allow you to regrade without penalty.

Is this stuborness common across Satellite ISPs? Does anyone else permit their customers to regrade to suit their needs.

I also think ISPs should be trying harder with their pricing now. If I upgraded it would cost £90pcm whereas new customers only paying £60 for the first 12 months, a saving of over £350!

There are more ISP with the same up/downgrade rule. We advise you to buy boosters/tokens when needed, this solves your problem.

IP Logged

MrMuckyPaws
★★★

UK
Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 4:07pm  
Thanks, but £10/GB is a rip off!

Quote:
There are more ISP with the same up/downgrade rule. We advise you to buy boosters/tokens when needed, this solves your problem.

IP Logged

bigdishsat
★★

France
Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2012 at 8:49pm  
Quote:

I was told that if I did then I would not be able to downgrade afterwards 

Were you actually told that you could not downgrade or that it would cost you something if you did downgrade? There's a subtle difference!

The Booster is a useful tool for those of us who mostly keep to our monthly limit and then just need an extra bit when visitors arrive at Christmas (for example)

This is what the Volume Booster is designed for ... why do you think it's a rip-off?

IP Logged

davidbentleywalker
★★★

Reply #4 - Jan 7th, 2013 at 4:31pm  
Yes, downgrades are no longer possible on Tooway except in exceptional circumstances. This was a new clause that came with the upgrading of the service plans (extra speed/double data).

IP Logged

Pages: 1