Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Disconnection on some spot beams

(Read 5280 times)
Hipolito Gonzalez
★★★

Spain
Sep 30th, 2013 at 8:29pm  
Some customers are reporting disconnections on some beams. I am without problems yet, but i donīt know in the future.

...   ...
WWW | MSN | Skype/VoIP | ICQ | YIM  
IP Logged

Flemming
★★

Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2013 at 10:12am  
Still no network connection on my beam (Provence region). Been down since late afternoon yesterday. Europasat posted outage message at 18.40 yesterday. Since then nothing. Nada. At least an update on the nature of the problem would be useful. 

IP Logged

Flemming
★★

Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2013 at 6:24pm  
Problem resolved. And it turned out to be at my end. Called Europasat's technical department, who advised me to try to connect a computer directly to the viasat modem. It turned out that the internet signal was fine coming out of the modem, but it sort of disappeared going through my router, an Apple Airport Express. It had been working perfectly since I installed it a year ago, but a recent software update seems to have confused the allocation of IP addresses across my network. The very helpful Europasat technician recommended that I change the IP address allocation (see https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3692977?start=0&tstart=0). i also changed my network name throughout my system. Now everything is back to normal.

IP Logged

Pages: 1