Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Slow Speeds across UK

(Read 4484 times)
alasdairbailey
★★

Oct 2nd, 2013 at 1:54pm  
Hi everyone, I've just had a conversation with avonline tech support, telling me that there has been network maintenance done by skylogic which has been causing the slow down of speeds on spot beam 34 which covers most of the eastern side of the UK but the system is gradually becoming more stable and speeds should be returning to 'adequate' (i use the term loosely, of course) levels. apparently there are fewer and fewer customers being affected by the problem.
Over on ruralbroadband.co.uk they have a blog post saying sky logic/tooway have carried out maintenance on spot beam 34 to rectify problems with the heavy user FAP systems that is what is causing the slow speeds.

but anyway just thought i would keep you guys in the loop and pass on the information i have recieved from avonline tech support.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2013 at 3:21pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Hipolito Gonzalez
★★★

Spain
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2013 at 10:53am  
I think, always the Beam 34 (east UK) will be slowly. Is a beam with a lot of people... too many customers, over the beam capacity....... ( I Think... is not a true, is not an official information)

...   ...
WWW | MSN | Skype/VoIP | ICQ | YIM  
IP Logged

Pages: 1