Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

iDirect Hub Functionality

(Read 1866 times)
Ali Malik
★★

Oct 20th, 2016 at 2:06pm  
Dear all,
I am very sorry if i make any mistake this is my first time on a forum so if i offend any body then " I already said SORRY Tongue"
So my question is regarding the functionality of iDirect 5iF Hub, Why does an iDirect Hub needs coordinates for both Hub and remotes Linked to it and can i only use GPS for coordinates or i can also use GLONAS or Beidu services.
Please educate me if anybody know about this

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 2:40pm  
It is no problem at all. You are very welcome to the forum.

Hub based iDirect networks use a system called Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) for the burst transmissions from the remote sites towards the hub. Remote sites transmit short bursts all on the same frequency but at different times.

The hub needs to know the locations of all sites so that it may calculate the distances to the satellite. Based on these distances and the speed of radio waves, the hub can then tell the remote sites exactly what time to transmit their bursts, so that the bursts do not overlap one another when the stream of bursts arrive at the satellite.

GPS coordinates are fine or you can use my latitude-longitude finder

GLONAS is similar to GPS, so that will do if you have a GLONAS receiver.

Beidu is a search engine. Maybe if you look up the town name at each site there will be information about the lat/long of the town. I am not sure.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2016 at 10:39am by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1