Advertisment: Broadband via satellite
Advertisment: Worldwide satellite services from Ground Control Company

www.satsig.net

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

For sale: Parts for a motorised Hughes Direcway antenna.

(Read 1297 times)
Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Apr 4th, 2020 at 6:45pm  
For sale: Parts for a motorised Hughes Direcway antenna.

The parts shown in the images below are to be sold as seen. There is no indoor antenna control unit or a Direcway / Hughesnet modem.  The seller is therefore unable to test and it is not known if the kit is in working order.

View of the motorised Direcway antenna.

Views of some electrical part with word "HALO" visible.

If you search the internet further you may hopefully find more details of the actual manufacturer of the control box and electronics. It seems me that the same indoor control unit and motor mechanism are being used by a number of resellers, each with their own ideas of antenna size, purpose (VSAR or satelite TV).

Hopefully these items will be valued by some enthusiast who can either buy the relevent indoor control box or otherwise develop such a controller. I speculate that it might provide the basis for some student engineering project!.

There are approximate similarities with advertised motorised antennas on the internet intended to be used on RVs, campervans and mobile homes.

See examples:

Altech-UEC-Halo-satellite-dish.html

ebay for sale: Halo-ST85-Automatic-Satellite-TV-Dish

The antenna positioning motors and mechanisms allow the dish to be repointed once the vehicle is parked up at a new location. With an additional controller, and modifications to the RF assembly to remove the transmitter and perhaps with a new or repurposed LNB the equipment might be made to receive satellite TV (receive only).

I should emphasise that the equipment parts are untested and may not work. Significant skill and new parts will be needed to make use of them.

If you are interested in buying these parts please email me eric@satsig.net quoting reference "27/03/2020, 18:15" and I will forward your email to the seller.

Best regards, Eric (on behalf of the seller)

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - May 24th, 2020 at 2:06pm  
URGENT    24th May 2020

All this kit is still for sale.

View of the motorised Direcway antenna.

If you are interested in buying these parts please email me eric@satsig.net quoting reference "27/03/2020, 18:15" and I will forward your email to the seller.

The motorised Hughes Direcway dish is located Hurst, TX 76053.

If you are interested please email me eric@satsig.net and I will put you in touch with the owner.  All offers considered.

This would make good project for tech students !

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2020 at 4:24pm by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1