Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Tx issue

(Read 1349 times)
Phill1
★★

Jan 9th, 2021 at 10:41am  
Hi
I have idirect x7 modem the rx snr good but modem mute not transmit, I checked logs it show (no accessible carriers found) what could be issue?
Thanks
Phill

IP Logged

Phill1
★★

Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 2:07pm  
Any reply ?

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 9:06pm  
If this is a new site you need to talk to the service provider. With the correct receive configuration you should be able to acquire the correct satellite, polarisation and lock on to the wanted carrier from the satellite. The next step is for the network hub to activate your site.

If this is a site that has been working normally for some time and now won't transmit, then I suggest checking the transmit cable and both end connectors of the cable to the transmit BUC module.  If the DC supply is short circuited or is not getting to the BUC then there will be no transmit signal to the satellite. The modem may also have detected an abnormal DC supply current to the BUC and muted the signal output to the cable to the BUC.

IP Logged

Phill1
★★

Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2021 at 8:38am  
Rx lock but issue is modem can't find Tx carrier to tranmsit, in modem logs show no Tx carrier found I think this mean configuration issue not BUC bcz modem still can't find Tx carrier , so which file in modem I can check to see the Tx carrier configuration?

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2021 at 9:45am  
Your service provider should provide you with an options file or  they should send the options file direct to your modem over the satellite carrier to your site.

This is an example iDirect options file

In this example a set of transmit configurations is shown.
     tx_freq = 1000000000
     tx_bitrate = 336000
     tx_mode = 0
     tx_modtype = 1
     tx_clksource = 0
     tx_fecrate = 5
     tx_scram = 1
     tx_diff = 0
     tx_specinv = 0
     tx_power_in_dbm = -5.000000
     rx_fsd = 28796
     tx_spreading_factor = 1
     rx_spreading_factor = 1
     tx_spread_enable = 0
     rx_spread_enable = 0
     is_demod2_active = 0
     rx_symrate = 5736164.973838
     tx_symrate = 254485

You need similar (but specific to your site) data for your particular site and satellite network.

Ask your service provider to resend (push) your options file and restart your modem. They should be able to do this remotely if you are tuned to their outlink carrier.  If they change their outlink frequency or outlink parameters all their sites need to be updated. Maybe yours was missed if it has been powered off for long time. 

I don't know the location of the options file in the modem, but I believe that iSite program on your PC is able to inspect the options file and possibly allow you to extract the file and back it up.  Please tell me if this is possible.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2021 at 10:55am by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1