Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Tooway - BALKAN

(Read 1417 times)
Taz
★★

Mar 11th, 2021 at 8:08am  
Hi, I have my internet provided to me by Balkan in Turkey but I went through Tooway to get this.

We have just been informed that Balkan are no longer providing internet in Turkey. Has anyone else who lives or has a holiday home there been told this?

It took me long enough to find a rural supplier and two years later we are going to be back to square one again Cry

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2021 at 12:24pm  
I've been following Balkan Telecom for several years and they appear to have been reselling services on both Tooway and Avanti-Hylas/iDirect.  Their web site https://balkantelekom.net/en/home-2/ claims 2254 customers in total.

If they have ceased service for their Tooway customers I would have thought that any other reseller, for example, Bentley Walker, could have taken over those customers, with the continued provision of service.

More information please from anyone hearing from Balkan Telecom. Is the problem specific to the country of Turkey ?  Does it affect both Tooway and Avanti/Hylas customers ?

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Taz
★★

Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2021 at 1:37pm  
Quote:
I've been following Balkan Telecom for several years and they appear to have been reselling services on both Tooway and Avanti-Hylas/iDirect.  Their web site https://balkantelekom.net/en/home-2/ claims 2254 customers in total.

If they have ceased service for their Tooway customers I would have thought that any other reseller, for example, Bentley Walker, could have taken over those customers, with the continued provision of service.

More information please from anyone hearing from Balkan Telecom. Is the problem specific to the country of Turkey ?  Does it affect both Tooway and Avanti/Hylas customers ?

Best regards, Eric.

Hi Eric, Update from Balkan!  Huseiyn from Balkan did get in touch with me to explain that they are no longer with TooWay but did offer the same service with other companies using the original equipment that we bought from Balkan.  Isnet will now be providing the same service. I hope and pray they are as good as Balkan had been for us .

Regards Fiona Smiley 

IP Logged

Pages: 1