www.satsig.net

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask a question. VSAT service providers and satellite equipment sellers may feature their products free of charge; just register and get posting. Paid-for adverts, top left and top right, on all forum pages, are also available. Read the Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Koreasat 6

(Read 44 times)
EnoSat
★★

Slovakia
May 2nd, 2021 at 9:17pm  
Hi, could anyone save the full TS from the 12670V transponder?

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Administrator
★★★★★

Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2021 at 5:24pm  
This lyngsat page:

https://www.lyngsat.com/Koreasat-6.html

suggests that the Koreasat 6 satellite has a Ku band transponder centered on 12670V with a single DVB-S 26700 carrier with 7/8 FEC.

The coverage beam is a quite small spot centered on South Korea so if you want a spectrum plot of that transponder you need to find some receive site in S. Korea where the person also has a spectrum analyser and means to connect it safely to the L band LNB cable from the dish, with a DC block inserted to protect tha analyser.

If you know anyone at ktsat.com they who probably have such a spectrum on continuous display in their network operations centre.

Otherwise, try contacting any individual or company you know in S. Korea who might have a receive dish and spectrum analyis capability.

IP Logged

EnoSat
★★

Slovakia
Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2021 at 6:35pm  
Yes, maybe someone from South Korea is here and to read it

IP Logged

Nimrod Kapon
★★

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2021 at 10:22pm  
Hi,

We may be able to help/ ask locals for assistance.

But can you please explain exactly what do you need?

Kind Regards,
Nimrod

www.oasisnetworks.net
We are your boots on the ground!
GTalk | Skype/VoIP | Facebook  
IP Logged

EnoSat
★★

Slovakia
Reply #4 - May 5th, 2021 at 12:09am  
Hi,
only record full TS file
(sample in attachment)
Renamed TS file image inserted below by forum admin
I don't know why attachment did not show. Maybe a linux file permissions problem. It is a struggle to keep this form working!

IP Logged

Nimrod Kapon
★★

Reply #5 - May 5th, 2021 at 3:06pm  
Hi

Cant see attachment,

And please what do you refer in TS? Transponder?

Please contact me by email if you like,
it is nkapon*oasisnetworks*net

www.oasisnetworks.net
We are your boots on the ground!
GTalk | Skype/VoIP | Facebook  
IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Administrator
★★★★★

Reply #6 - Yesterday at 3:53pm  
I misunderstood what TS means. I thought it was Transponder Spectrum.  It is clear now that it referes to DVB-S or DVB-S2 Transport Stream.

If you go to https://www.dtvtools.com/ there is a PC software package that will decode the DVB-S Transport Stream and display results similar to the example image above.

I see no explanation of how to connect between LNB cable and the PC. Can anyone say what hardware is needed and how to connect up please ?

IP Logged

EnoSat
★★

Slovakia
Reply #7 - Yesterday at 4:24pm  
Better some PCI-DVB or USB-DVB card and some software with Record Transport Stream
etc.
Alt-DVB
CrazyScan

IP Logged

Pages: 1