Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

New dish pointing calculator listing all geo satellites

(Read 106 times)
Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Jun 7th, 2024 at 3:57pm  
I have spent the last week writing a new web page that will use your site location and work out the dish pointing angles for all visible geo satellite above 5 deg elevation angle.

See: https://www.satsig.net/pointing/dish-pointing-angles-for-all-geo-satellites.htm

I would welcome comments. Does it work for you ? Are the results correct ? Any ideas for improvements ?

Best regards, Eric

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2024 at 8:51pm  
I have added changed the web page so that satellites with elevation angles less than 5 deg or inclinations in excess of 0.6 deg are not shown.  You may override these options.

The satellite inclination is also included in the output file. like this:

I hope someone can try testing the page to see if it works. There are problems both with setting the site location (latitude and longitude) and with downloading the text file with the table of satellites and look angles. Much depends on your device operating system and browser and security settings.

Please tell me what works, and what doesn't !

Best regards, Eric

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2024 at 6:07pm  
Regarding web page:
https://www.satsig.net/pointing/dish-pointing-angles-for-all-geo-satellites.htm

The final automated saving process to a local file on your device does not work on an iPad.

I have modified the web page page so that the output text table is all visible so you can highlight this text and then copy to clipboard and save somewhere.

Please tell me if successful !

Best regards, Eric     email: eric@satsig.net

IP Logged

Pages: 1