Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

ISP Myanmar

(Read 10553 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Aug 31st, 2005 at 8:22am  
Is there any ISP that offers Satillite internet in myanmar. If so who. Is it legal to have two way satilitte in myanmar.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2005 at 11:02pm  
You could try providers that use Eutelsat W5.

https://www.satsig.net/ivsat2.htm

Good luck.
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2016 at 1:49pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2005 at 12:36pm  
Satellite connections are illegal in Myanmar Internet is fully controlled and restricted it must be proxy by MOC (ministry of Telecom). I have a couple of client for which I am providing now services using different satellites this clients are NGO’s and a diplomatic body. There are a few other ways to access but it takes some one who knows the system well. Send me an e mail directly and maybe I can share some ideas and experiences in regards to this matter.

IP Logged

Akhmed Sartaev

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2006 at 5:08am  
Check out our website https://www.isatasia.com/
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2006 at 8:21am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2010 at 5:02pm  
Quote:
Satellite connections are illegal in Myanmar Internet is fully controlled and restricted it must be proxy by MOC (ministry of Telecom). I have a couple of client for which I am providing now services using different satellites this clients are NGO’s and a diplomatic body. There are a few other ways to access but it takes some one who knows the system well. Send me an e mail directly and maybe I can share some ideas and experiences in regards to this matter.

Hi I am interest too.

regards,
magidu

IP Logged

tagor-muda@hotmail.ocm
★★

Indonesia
Reply #5 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 5:59am  
Please send to me your contact detail, i think we can help u, thanks

IP Logged

sara_7692
★★

Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 6:18am  
Can anyone provide a ISP service on a semi-sub rig in Myanmmar?

Sara
YIM  
IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #7 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 9:03am  
If you need satellite communications when the rig is moving then I suggest talking to:

Sea Tel Asia
Cobham Satcom
42 Toh Guan Road East, #01-73
Enterprise Hub, Singapore 608583
Telephone: +65 6795-2205
Fax: +65 6515-8806
E-mail: satcom.asiasales@cobham.com

in the first instance. They may well have some suitable suggestions to make.  Seatel manufacture the auto-track antennas, often seen in white semi-spherical radomes, that are suitable for moving platforms and ships.  They will be able to suggest suitable satellite service operators and help with equipment integration.

If you want service only when the rig is fixed then VSAT service providers who normally deal with land based customers will be able to help you. You will need to develop expertise yourself to repoint the dish each time the rig is repositioned and stands on the seabed at a new location. Any service provider will need to know the operating area as satellites have beam coverage patterns.  See https://www.satsig.net/ivsat-asia.htm for examples.

Any service is likely to be hubbed out of a teleport in Hong Kong, Singapore,  Adelaide, Middle East etc.  If you specifically want to operate via a teleport in Myanmar you need to talk to the Myanmar authorities.

Would any service provider able to help in the above, please reply here or direct to sara 7692

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1