Satellite Internet

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. If you are showing as 'Guest', please register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. May 2018: GDPR: Updates to Privacy and Cookies policies: As you may know, a new EU data protection law called GDPR will apply from Friday 25th May 2018. As part of satsig's commitment to protecting the privacy of site visitors and forum members, I have therefore updated the Privacy and Cookie policies. There are now links leading to these policies: Disclaimer, Terms of Use and Privacy, Forum User Agreement, Forum Rules and Cookies at the bottom of the home page and all forum pages. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

Pay As You Go satellite internet in Spain

(Read 8754 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Oct 14th, 2006 at 8:40pm  
I am looking for a satellite internet provider in Spain and have been trying to mug up on the subject to have some idea of what my precise needs are.  As a relative newbie it can be very confusing!

I am in Spain for 2 or 3 weeks every 3 months.  Using GPRS I get through about 1 Gig in 3 weeks and I estimate this consumption wouldn't change very much if I get satellite internet.

So a Pay As You Go (what some firms seem to refer to as a 'Backup' system) would be ideal.

Ongoing budget is about 50 euros a month.  In other words, I would want 600 euros per year to include a pullthrough allowance in line with my estimate above.

Can anyone suggest where I can get such a solution, and how much the initial setup would cost?

I have looked at Telefonica's satellite offering and I have no doubt their monthly price is unbeatable!  But the initial cost (assuming the worst possible interpretation of the very confusing price list) is sky high.  No pun intended.

Anyway, I would be grateful for suggestions.  I need to get a system up and running before the end of the year.

« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2006 at 6:24pm by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2006 at 8:52pm  
I should perhaps emphasise that my monthly budget in the above post is 50 euros or thereabouts.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator

Personal text from Profile,
Options, Top line

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2006 at 6:06pm  
Ask amongst the service providers listed on page http://www.satsig.net/ivsat-europe.htm

GT&T offer a suitable low cost service called  Basic 1  128 kbps down / 32 kbps up, shared 25:1 at +- 70 € / Month.   Go to their web site http://www.globaltt.com/  and click on SkyOne and it shows a range of prices.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2006 at 12:43pm  
Thanks Eric Smiley

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 10:36am  
Hi woodsville, contact us for some more info about satellite systems in Spain. *error* or call +34 667658447

IP Logged

Pages: 1