Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

need help with my hotbird setup

(Read 3929 times)
superted
★★

Dec 22nd, 2008 at 8:20pm  
hello there guys  
i had hotbird intsalled 2 yrs ago for art sport the problem is that the box that was used has now been switched of for over a year and when i found out that epl is coming back to art sport i fired the system back up again the screen told me there was a poor or no signal. my question is has something moved or changed in the past year like satellite alignment or the box has reset to manufactures settings can anyone help  
many thanks.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2008 at 12:29pm  
Check here https://www.lyngsat.com/hotbird.html that the program you want exists.  You should be able to receive many programmes. 

It is unlikely that the box has reset itself but if you are certain it has then it may have an autotune/search mode which will take 20 minutes or so to scan the entire satellite frequency range and polarisations and  build a new database.   Don't do this till you have a good signal on one carrier - which you can tune manually using a sample from the lyngsat data.

Moisture and corrosion of the pin and the inside of the cable at the LNB F connector are a likely cause of signal deterioration if the antenna is still fixed solid in its bracket.  The aluminium film braid may have turned to powder over several feet length inside the cable sheath.

Happy Christmas, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1