Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite Internet Forum : Home Page          
Pages: 1

Re: iDirect hub installation

(Read 2226 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jun 6th, 2011 at 6:18pm  
Hey Richard,
couple of points:
1. In order for a hub to qualify for iDirect TAC support it must be installed by an iDirect certified installer.  We have found this actually means iDirect or their partners, I have worked with a couple of their partners and they only install if directed by iDirect.
2. Having done a few hub builds and re-builds there are a lot of little steps involved (server backups, cron job scheduling etc) that need to be performed to ensure system stability.
3. Depending on the SW version desired you will need a license....iDirect are the only providers of this license file.

In short, if you are able to, I would contact the guys in TAC and ask them for their suggestions, I know they have on site and remote install options depending on what you are installing, VNO, Mini-hub full hub etc.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2011 at 11:10pm  
Richard, Scout is correct, a new hub installation will require coordination with iDirect/iGT for the approval of any PSP/CHIP (Certified Hub Installers) to install any new hub, contractual limitation.

Is this a new hub installation or an upgrade or specifically what? Shoot me an em and I can help you get linked up with the appropriate POC to get it done the right way.

IP Logged

Pages: 1