Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

IDirect eq assembly

(Read 2195 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jun 28th, 2006 at 4:58pm  
I am setting up an IDirect 3000 system in the DR Congo. It came without assembly instructions. I get no feed on the LNB and I'd like to know if the colored film covering the aperature on the LNB (Andrew KuTxRx/OMT/Filter) aperture is to protect it prior to assembly and should be removed or not.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 7:42pm  
LNB: If there is a very thin transparent, possibly orange coloured, film across the LNB waveguide aperture, leave it alone, as it seals out moisture.  Do NOT remove the film.

Before you attach the LNB to the filter assembly familiarise yourself with the figure here:
https://www.satsig.net/co-pol-xpol-feed-assemblies.htm

Make sure you understand which OMT port is the receive port.  It is the side arm one with the filter in the top figure.  When you attach the LNB make sure the rectangular waveguides align correctly.  Make sure you understand what is vertical and horizontal polarisation and there are four alternative starting positions prior to adjusting the required polarisation angle.  The starting position with the sidearm directly downwards may be impossible due to physical obstruction on the feed arm.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1