Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Migration-SKYSTAR 360E modem compatible ISP

(Read 8750 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Feb 12th, 2005 at 8:35am  
Hi,
i currently have internet service through an ISP whose service quality has steadily declined over time, and seems to be declining still.
I intend looking for another ISP, but need one where i do not need to change my existing equipments. My modem is a SKYSTAR 360E (Gilat made), antennae is 1.2m and BUC is 1 watt.(Ku-band)

I know that GT&T uses this for their ku band, but i need to know more such service providers so i can make a good choice. Further more, i feel GT&T services are priced on the high side.
Thanks
Rasha
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2021 at 10:21am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 3:49pm  
No way possible to answer that question without at least knowing WHERE in the world you are currently obtaining service.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 7:03pm  
Sorry about that.
I am in Nigeria, West Africa.

Thanx!

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 11:55pm  
Rasha wrote
Quote:
I am in Nigeria, West Africa. Thanx!

In that case, start at https://www.satsig.net/ivsat-africa.htm. The 360 isn't mentioned specifically. But I do know that Gilat has an African presence. Even if the companies on that web page don't offer 360-compatible service, they might be able to point you in a better direction that can I.

Also try .google.com and use search terms "Gilat Africa" or "Gilat Nigeria"

//greg//
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 4:08pm by Admin1 »  

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

njakou

Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2005 at 11:03am  
ok l'am able to direct to an ISP which has better service and uses skystar as plat form . my compagny tested it service and now uses it

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2005 at 10:37pm  
Hi,

I'll be gratteful to have the contact of the provide with Qos on the platform Skystar 360E

IP Logged

joseph odede

Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2005 at 11:17am  
PLS I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS NJOKU ON GILAT 360E MODEMS CAN I GET HIS CONTACT SO I CAN  GET THE SAME ISP My  modem is a SKYSTAR 360E (Gilat made), antennae is 1.2m and BUC is 1 watt.(Ku-band)

IP Logged

dera

Reply #7 - Nov 24th, 2005 at 1:43pm  
Quote:
PLS I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS NJOKU ON GILAT 360E MODEMS CAN I GET HIS CONTACT SO I CAN GET THE SAME ISP My modem is a SKYSTAR 360E (Gilat made), antennae is 1.2m and BUC is 1 watt.(Ku-band)

can i use this modem for linkserve or linksatlink
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2021 at 11:30am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Titus

Reply #8 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 8:31am  
Please give me list of ISP that can support SKYSTAR 360E modem, presently we can't even browser because we were told intelsat can not support it.

IP Logged

kachi adindu

Reply #9 - Feb 21st, 2006 at 3:40pm  
please njoku, can u supply us with details of this your ISP that is good on gilat and possibly  your phone number Quote:
ok l'am able to direct to an ISP which has better service and uses skystar as plat form . my compagny tested it service and now uses it

IP Logged

kachi adindu

Reply #10 - Feb 21st, 2006 at 7:53pm  
ALL THOSE SEEKING TO MIGRATE WITH THEIR SKYSTAR 360 E INTO A BETTER AND AFFORDABLE NETWORK SHOULD CONTACT ME . MY NUMBER IS 08034041328 OR THRU MY EMAIL ADDRESS kadindu@yahoo.co.uk

IP Logged

Kayode Ayodele

Reply #11 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 12:00pm  
Hi Rash,if you are stil interested in good skystar service in nigeria,i will surgest you talk to Active Communication Ltd.You can get to them via thier sales email or you call +234-803-302-4685,01-472-7508

IP Logged

Pages: 1