Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Temporary satellite internet access

(Read 4960 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Sep 30th, 2007 at 2:04pm  
Hi,

I'm looking to bring Internet access using dual way sat' technology for a short period next summer (5 days).

Anyone of you know some product i could rent/deal/build for that short period ?

Be aware that I'm an individual and i don't have the money that could have a great company or whatever Smiley

Other question : i guess all those people just retail a link on a the same sat set ? Like astra / eutelsat, or is it some thing independant ?

And i guess they are trying to limit the bandwidth usage because there transponder on the sat have a limited BW capacity ?

Thanks for any advice Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2008 at 1:26pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 2:37pm  
Where exactly do you need  the service ?

What do you intend to do with the terminal?  e.g. web browsing with 1 PC, 10 PCs, 100 PCs ?  Occasional use, intensive use, continuous use ?   VoIP phone service - Number of VoIP phones and rate of calling ?  Audio - video collection uplink, CCTV uplink, outside broadcast uplink - bit rates ?

Answers to these will help service providers to suggest suitable solutions.  See page https://www.satsig.net/ivsat-europe.htm for some possibilities.

For reference, a minimal cost service, suitable for just a single PC connected and used for light web browsing and email useage, would be 256k down/64k up, shared 20:1    This means 19 other people are also contributing to paying for the total 256k down/64k up satellite capacity.  If you are a heavier user or are likely to be annoyed by congestion then a service with 10:1 or 5:1 sharing would be more suitable, but at twice or four times the price.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 6:33pm  
5 day's in Summer ................ enjoy the sun and use an internet cafe ! Smiley or a GRPS card.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2007 at 12:28pm  
We provide short term connections, if you could email your requirements . I think Eric has covered all the important aspects that need to be stated.
Antisipated Usage, number of users, location.

sales@satweb.co.uk

IP Logged

Pages: 1