Advertisment: Broadband via satellite
Advertisment: Worldwide satellite services from Ground Control Company

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Is it possible to change antenna C to Ku band

(Read 5161 times)

Posts: 29
Feb 8th, 2008 at 7:27am  

I looking to change one of my antennas from C-band to Ku band antenna.  I have JRC BUC and LNB all in Ku-band
Is it  possible to change the antenna ?
So anyone have idea what I have to do ???!!!
I have Prodelin 2.4 model 1251***

Whats about this part whats it used ford "Norsat Ku-Band OMT and Transmit Reject Filter"

All advice are welcome

Thank you
Back to top
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2008 at 11:17am by Eric Johnston »  
IP Logged
Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2008 at 9:20am  
From Ku antenna by changing your feed you can go to C-Band the inverse is not possible because you will have poor performance. Sell your antenna and buy a KU one.
Back to top
IP Logged
Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator

Posts: 2109
Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2008 at 11:01am  
Read about Prodelin 1251 here

If you are going to try using your dish at Ku band, do the fishing line test and make sure the dish rim is flat to 1.5mm.
Diagram of badly distorted dish due to very heavy weight of feed assembly at low elevation, pulling the sides of the dish forward.

Measure the gap between the fishing lines and make zero.

You need a Ku band horn, Ku band Transmit reject filter, Ku band LNB and Ku band BUC.  If you are intending to operate cross-pol then you need a Ku band OMT.  If you intend to operate co-pol then you need an unusual co-pol dual filter diplexer.   See Co-pol and cross-pol feed assemblies

Regards, Eric.

Back to top
IP Logged
Pages: 1