Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

lost.

(Read 2777 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

May 19th, 2008 at 6:33am  
Ok, so i bought a 1.2 dish from TS2 and their technical support is sub standard.  So, im now moving to either bnl or gccsit. 
  My question is my LNB's polarization is supposed to be horizontal.  Does that mean when i connect my LNB to the wave guide spacer the rectangle lines up horizontal to the ground and if you look at how they connect, it will be 2 rectangles, but not lining up so the internal space will be square?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - May 19th, 2008 at 2:53pm  

IP Logged

A.Walker
★★★

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2008 at 3:32pm  
if you want the best service you should contact

sales@bentleywalker.com

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #3 - May 28th, 2008 at 6:12pm  
Regarding the connection of an LNB to its waveguide.  The rectangles must always match up.  Never join up waveguides 'crossed' and make sure any gasket goes in correctly also.

If you are connecting up 14 GHz transmit waveguides, with gaskets, I recommend having two people visually check that the gasket goes in correctly as a crossed gasket could cause several '000$ damage to high power BUCs/HPAs.

You set the receive polarisation by rotating the entire feed and LNB as a whole, in its yoke cradle.

Setting the polarisation is a two step process:
What receive downlink polarisation name have you been told to use?. Horizontal or vertical.  Set this name initially, using these diagrams as a guide:
====================================================================
If Vertical, the LNB input waveguide will be like the image above. The internal dipole pin may be above or below; it does not matter.
If Horizontal, the LNB input waveguide will be like the image above. The internal dipole pin may be on either side; it does not matter.
Then apply the polarisation adjustment angle. A positive polarisation adjustment means turn the feed clockwise while facing towards the satellite.  A negative polarisation adjustment means turn the feed anti-clockwise while facing towards the satellite.  In some cases the entire dish and feed assembly needs to be rotated using a giant polarisation scale behind the dish (HX and Tooway)

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1