Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

GRE Tunnel iDirect 3100 to SDN Global

(Read 2837 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Aug 26th, 2008 at 5:17pm  
Hello All,

Just found and joined this board.  I have had a few questions come to mind.

After reading the documentation on iDirect It seems to me that it is possible to use the TCP acceleration on a GRE Tunnel.  I have one built from a Cisco router to Cisco Router but am only getting about 80k throughput on a data transfer on a 256k uplink.  That leads me to believe this is not happening.

I called our provider and forwarded the documentation to set up GRE tunnel acceleration that I found myself. 

We are going to go to a VNO solution soon with me being one of the guys that get's to play with this technology.  So, is this possible?  Accd to this it is.  And what else do I need my provider to do to accomodate us?

https://www.idirect.net/libraries/cm_software_releases/iDirect%20Release%20Notes...

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 6:13pm  
Just be advised that the above procedure only sets up a GRE tunnel within the iDS.  You will still be required to establish the actual endpoints on both sides of the link for the tunnel to work.  Read: One GRE endpoint must be configured upstream from the protocol processor, the other downstream from the remote.

What flavor of acceleration are/were you using when you observed the 80kbps of BDP?  

IP Logged

Pages: 1