Pages: 1

Re: iDirect hub installation

(Read 2717 times)
Scout
★★★

Jun 6th, 2011 at 6:18pm  
Hey Richard,
couple of points:
1. In order for a hub to qualify for iDirect TAC support it must be installed by an iDirect certified installer.  We have found this actually means iDirect or their partners, I have worked with a couple of their partners and they only install if directed by iDirect.
2. Having done a few hub builds and re-builds there are a lot of little steps involved (server backups, cron job scheduling etc) that need to be performed to ensure system stability.
3. Depending on the SW version desired you will need a license....iDirect are the only providers of this license file.

In short, if you are able to, I would contact the guys in TAC and ask them for their suggestions, I know they have on site and remote install options depending on what you are installing, VNO, Mini-hub full hub etc.

IP Logged

bod
★★

Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2011 at 11:10pm  
Richard, Scout is correct, a new hub installation will require coordination with iDirect/iGT for the approval of any PSP/CHIP (Certified Hub Installers) to install any new hub, contractual limitation.

Is this a new hub installation or an upgrade or specifically what? Shoot me an em and I can help you get linked up with the appropriate POC to get it done the right way.

IP Logged

Pages: 1