Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

BW first to commission new X1 modems

(Read 6001 times)
A.Walker
★★★

Apr 13th, 2012 at 8:59am  
Bentley Walker are proud to announce the availabilty of the new iDirect X1 modems on our Networks, using IDX3.01 software we can offer you the much lower cost of the X1 modem, this modem can now be activated across all our Networks over Europe, Middle East, Sthans and South America, please contact sales@bentleywalker.com for more information.
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2012 at 11:02am by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 9:16am  
I've spoken with Anthony at Bentley Walker asking more about these iDirect X1 customer routers.

These routers provide, as expected, conventional broadband access to the internet, web page downloads, email, VoIP etc.

They are physically smaller and cheaper than the old X3 version and, optionally, come as a bundle (dish, feed, LNB, small size ORU).

Installers will be pleased to note that they have a web screen interface for configuration - instead of options file.

In addition to people wanting satellite internet access, these routers are also suitable for remote controlled unmanned locations where data tele-command/telemetry is the requirement.  Optionally the X1 router comes in an external IP67 weatherproof box suitable for pole mounting.

Many thousands of such X1 routers are expected to be used for SCADA, smart meter reading, weather stations, gas and oil pipelines and pumping stations, miltary and security sites.

I've put some details about the new X1 modem here: https://www.satsig.net/idirect/iDirect-X1-routers.htm

iDirect Evolution X1 router specification

iDirect Evolution X1 outdoor router specification

As per their message above, Bentley Walker have upgraded all their eight Ku band worldwide iDirect networks to the new iDX3.1 level to enable these new X1 routers to be used. See here for more details of iDX3.1 and all the BW coverage maps: https://www.satsig.net/idirect/iDirect-iDX3-1.htm  BW expect to start operation of the iDirect X1 in Ka band on Hylas in mid 2012. This will provide Ka coverage in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
wxw
Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2012 at 3:05pm by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2012 at 3:33pm  
Picture of the new iDirect X1 package. Note the small size new X1 router/modem and BUC compared with the X3 on the left.

(image from Bentley Walker, regarding their new services in South America and Brazil.
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2012 at 5:02pm by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

tunde300us
★★★

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2012 at 2:39pm  
Bentley sales told me this modem is $850 ,why should i buy it for $850,too expensive !

IP Logged

salesbw
★★

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2012 at 8:33am  
There must be some confusion as to what you were quoted for there; without wanting to get too commercial on this forum Bentley Walker supply the X1 complete systems with 1.2m dishes, 3W BUC and LNB at around this price. Please contact neil@bentleywalker.com with the details of your requirement and I will be very happy to discuss this further with you.

Neil Denyer
Sales Manager
Bentley Walker

IP Logged

Pages: 1